Saturday, November 10, 2012

Iwata Eclipse Air Brush - Art Nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4

About 2 months ago, I bought my first Iwata Airbrush.  I practiced some brush strokes on newspaper print and did a couple of fast doodles before I tried painting anything serious. 
 
Two weeks before Halloween, I wanted to get into the spirit of the holiday.
For my very first painting, I did a black and white painting of Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein.  I used photographs of them for a reference and I painted the roses freehand.
 
Click on the pictures for a better look. 
 
 
 
This is my second painting done in black and white on bristol paper.  I downloaded a photograph of Lucille Ball and worked using that as a reference.  Keeping in mind that I have never had any formal art training, I think it came out okay.
 
 
I have been practicing each week, painting other things just to get better with the brush. 
This is my third painting and I tried a little color this time. I did a pencil drawing first and used that as a reference to create the painting. I particularly like the effect that I got with the rays of light.   I call it Copperhead. 
 
 
 
 
Halloween was a couple of days away and I did painting number four, framed it and gave it to my daughter for her home.  She now wants me to paint something for each holiday so she can change them out during the year.  This one is called Witches Brew!
 
 
Because I like to paint fine lines, I think I need to buy an Iwata Micron brush.  It looks like thats what I'll be doing with my Christmas bonus this year!  In the meantime, I am waiting to receive an order for more Wicked colors. 

I will keep practicing and there will be more to come.  Follow me as I try more attempts at air brushing!
All Artwork/Photographs Copyright 2012, C. LeFever

No comments:

Post a Comment