Saturday, August 13, 2016

Rat's Nest

This is a project I'm doing for a client.  Some progressive pictures follow:

This is the beginning.

The beginnings of the feet.

And the ears.

And the eyes.

After several layers of fur.

Fur with the color.  Building layers.

After a dark layer.

The fur is done.

This is the before picture of the mouth.

Some more work on the feet.

The new smile.

The front of the car is finished.

More pictures to come....  

Friday, July 29, 2016

"Tea Time"

This one is another Calz original.  And, yup, it was done very small.  Love to practice small.
So here are some progress pictures for you to see how I did it.

Here is a quick sketch with the airbrush.

Here I started to work my darkest areas and building textures. 

In this picture I created the background and building the shadows and textures of her hair.

More work on the background and hair.  Deepening the dark areas.
Then, I started to add textures to the clothing and form to the tea cup.

Working on the bony fingers.

And the finished painting.

Some of my friends say she looks like Margaret Thatcher from the grave.  LOL
Copyright 2016

Three Evils and Then Some

I just wanted to paint something quickly and did this t-shirt up in no time.  

A Little Experiment

I had this clear plastic cell phone case and I wanted to see if I could paint it.  So, I got this far and then went to stencil some lettering on it and it peeled.   So I actually had to throw it away.  I even used plastic adhesion promoter but the type of plastic was the gel like flexible plastic.  Didn't work!  Oh well.  Better luck next time!  It did turn out cool though.  

Oh I did some more detail on it before I screwed it up.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fire Dragon & Volcano Pit

I was playing with getting the texture of the lava crust right.  Just having a bit of fun creating.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Butterfly Dragon (New Design)

This painting was done for a friend overseas.

Here's my sketch.

Working on the background here.  Its sort of a watercolor method with alcohol inks.

Building up the colors in the wings.  First I worked in the line work and then started to build color in the wings.  All airbrushed.  Oh, I didn't mention that this painting is small 5" x 7" on illustration board.

Still working on building the wings here.  Glazing with transparent paints shift the colors.

Moving forward, working on the leaves.

It doesn't seem that I have progress pictures of the dragon part.  Sorry for that.
This is the completed painting.  Copyright 2016.

Building an Art Studio

My hubby, Ray, built me an art studio and I moved into it several months ago.  Here are some progress pics.  

There will be some more pictures coming.  The project is all completed but I have yet to take some pictures of the room finished.  Mainly because all of my stuff was everywhere and I have to get some organization before I can post some nice pictures.  Stay tuned.