Monday, December 3, 2012

Sk-Elf - Progress

I have finished cutting out the skelf with my exacto knife and tacked it in place on the surface.  This will block out the character so that I can paint in the background which will be a Christmas tree with some twisted skulls in the tree's boughs.  I have also blocked out the skull ornaments on the tree, in the skelf's hand and on the ground.  The background is not the focus of the painting and will be quite dark.  This process will preserve the white surface to keep the character and the ornaments bright and crisp.

I will proceed with sketching out the skulls in the tree and the ground with the air brush going slow and building layers.  This is quite a challenge for me as a beginner air brusher.  Just gotta jump in and learn as I go.  Here we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment