Thursday, July 30, 2009

The works of Amber Alexander



Click on Photos for a better look.

I came across the works of Amber Alexander today and was instantly reminded of my childhood and the stories of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. Amber likes to work with watercolors and acrylics to create the wonderful playful characters in her paintings and many of her paintings are reminiscent of the illustrations in children’s books.



You can see that Amber’s love for animals shines through her work and each character she paints has its own personality. She says, “I love animals and strive to portray their inner lives through art. I feel generally that humans don't give animals the respect they deserve.” Being a cat lover, I can agree with her there. No matter what anyone says, animals do have feelings and they do love. Amber, thanks so much for bringing a smile on my face today.

Permission Obtained; Copyrights belong to the Artist.

You can obtain prints of her original artwork at her shop on Etsy at http://www.amberalexander.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment